Supporting our Communities
A Commitment to Giving
The Richardson Foundation was established to celebrate the 100th anniversary of James A. Richardson & Sons, Limited. Richardson International contributes over $1 million annually to initiatives in communities where our customers and employees live and work. Since the company was founded in 1857, this commitment to giving has been integral to Richardson International.
- Visual and performing arts
- Youth initiatives
- Environmental issues
- Splash parks and playgrounds
- Sports fields and arenas
- Community halls
- Volunteer fire departments
The Richardson Foundation does not support health/healthcare initiatives, religious or sectarian organizations and conferences/seminars. Under Canada Revenue guidelines, support from this source cannot be directed to an individual under any circumstances.
Applying for Funds
To apply for funding for a community project, connect with your nearest Richardson location. Our helpful staff will guide you through the application process, which includes a project proposal requiring:
- Scope of project, timeline, budget, who will benefit, etc.
- Contact information
- Specific recognition Richardson would receive for the donation
- A commitment from the community in terms of both community support and additional funding sources
Applications are reviewed by a committee who make recommendations to the Richardson Foundation Board of Trustees for final approval.